Added: 2012 Apr 18 (Wed)
Total cook time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 475°.
2. Sauté the onions in a pan until caramelized. Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds or so.
3. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and spread onion-garlic mixture on top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
5. While pitas bake, combine vinegar, oil, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and basil. Add salad greens and toss.
6. Top each pita with about 1 cup salad and serve.