Added: 2016 May 08 (Sun)
Total cook time: 3 hours
1. In a bowl, add water, yeast, and gluten flour. Stir. If you want to wait a bit for the yeast to prove itself, just add a little flour and keep the dough somewhat liquidy.
2. Add salt and stir to dissolve. Add the remaining flour and knead. Add oil near end of kneading.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for a couple hours.
4. When ready to go, preheat oven to 550°F.
5. Take half the dough and get it into a flat circle on a pizza peel (with parchment paper and/or corn meal on the peel) using whatever method feels right. Add toppings (but not too much).
6. Lower the oven temperature to 400°F and bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Repeat preheat and bake with second pizza.
Makes 2 pizzas
- The flour can be anything and in any combination. "00" flour is the more traditional flour, but spelt works well, too. Also consider rolled oats and flaxseed meal.
- Gluten flour is optional.