Added: 2009 Dec 02 (Wed)
Total cook time: 45 minutes
1. In large pot, add butter and oil and melt over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
4. Add peeled and roughly chopped squash and chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and add sage. Continue to boil until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep the soup warm over low heat.