Added: 2010 Feb 12 (Fri)
Total cook time: 16 hours 30 minutes
1. Soak the red beans in a pot of water overnight.
2. In the morning, drain the beans and dump them into the slow cooker.
3. Brown the sliced sausage in a skillet with a touch of olive oil. Dump into the slow cooker.
4. Add chopped onions, bell pepper, and celery into the skillet and sauté until the onions are browned. Dump them in the slow cooker with the bay leaves.
5. Pour in the water and slow cook for 8 hours.
6. Add spice and whatnot and serve with rice (obviously).