Added: 2010 Mar 12 (Fri)
Total cook time: 01 hour
1. Preheat the oven to broil (or use a broiler, if you've got one).
2. Quarter the bell pepper, remove the innards, and place skin-up on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet. Broil for about 20 minutes or until mostly blackened.
3. Remove from oven and place pepper in a paper bag for 10 minutes. When it's cool enough to touch, peel off the skin and chop.
4. Melt butter in skillet. Crumble tempeh then add onion and bell pepper.
5. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add herbs, salt, and pepper.
7. Toast some homemade bread and spoon some mixture on top.