Added: 2013 Jul 28 (Sun)
Total cook time: 03 hours 15 minutes
1. Simmer submerged chickpeas in a pot of water for 3 hours, covered. Drain and let cool.
2. Simmer submerged lentils in a pot of water for 30 minutes, covered. Drain and let cool.
3. Chop red onion and submerge in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain.
4. Combine chickpeas, lentils, and possibly a little water (if really dry) in a saucepan.
5. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, turning pieces once until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and salt.
6. Heat lentil mixture just to warm it up. Add onion, parsley, and salt.
7. Serve mixture, drizzle oil, and top with salmon.
- A square inch of kombu can be added to the chickpeas during the simmer.