Added: 2022 Feb 13 (Sun)
Total cook time: 15 hours
1. Combine water, yeast, salt, and flour in a bowl. Keep dough pretty sticky. (The flour amount here is an estimate. No idea how much it takes.)
2. Coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 12-18 hours.
3. Flour work surface, and plop dough onto it. Knead for about a minute, adding flour as it seems fit. Cover with plastic wrap, and let dough sit for 15 minutes.
4. Coat a tea towel with corn meal. Shape dough into a ball, and place it seam-side-down on the towel. Dust with more corn meal, wrap towel loosely, and place everything in bowl. Let dough rise for 1.5-2 hours.
5. With 30 minutes left, place cast iron Dutch oven in oven and preheat to 425 °F.
6. When ready to go, remove pot from oven, and place dough seam-side-up in the Dutch oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Uncover Dutch oven, and bake for another 15-30 minutes at 400 °F. (Temperature may need to be lowered if it's looking burnt.)
8. Remove Dutch oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
9. Remove bread from Dutch oven, and let cool completely.