Added: 2010 Mar 16 (Tue)
Total cook time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a 6-muffin tin and set aside.
2. Put flour, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a smallish bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add sugar and butter and mix.
4. Add bananas, applesauce, vanilla, egg, and zest and mix some more. (It might be best to use a hand blender at this point.)
5. Incrementally add flour mixture to the large bowl, stirring well after each addition.
6. Fold in the walnuts.
7. Spoon batter into tin and bake for about 35 minutes.
If applesauce is nowhere to be found, you can use pear, pumpkin, or even some oil at worst. Any fruit or squashy purée will do.