Added: 2010 Jun 03 (Thu)
Total cook time: 01 hour 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Drain and cube tofu. Arrange it in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Combine chopped yellow onion, yogurt, coriander, cumin, ginger, oil, turmeric, black pepper, and garlic clove in a large bowl. Add tofu, mushrooms, and red onion. Toss gently to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
5. While tofu and vegetables marinate, prepare rice. When finished, stir in raisins and 1/4 tsp salt. Let stand 5 minutes.
6. Remove tofu and vegetables from bowl and discard marinade. Thread tofu cubes, mushrooms, and onion wedges alternately onto 8 (6-inch) skewers. Lightly coat kebabs with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
7. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
8. Serve with rice.