Added: 2010 Sep 05 (Sun)
Total cook time: 01 hour 10 minutes
1. Combine vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. red pepper in medium bowl. Stir with a whisk.
2. Cut tofu into slices. Arrange tofu on several layers of paper towels. Top with several more layers. Place something heavy on it to squeeze out water for 30 minutes. Remove tofu and cut into cubes. Sprinkle tofu with 1/8 tsp. red pepper.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and sauté for 8 minutes or until crisp, turning to brown all sides.
4. Remove tofu from pan. Heat remaining canola oil. Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
5. Add ginger and green onions and sauté for 30 seconds. Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds. Add this ginger mixture to the vinegar mixture and stir well.
6. Pour this resulting mixture over the tofu. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and sesame seeds.