Added: 2011 Jan 03 (Mon)
Total cook time: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel butternut squash and cut into cubes. Coat lightly with oil and season with ground black pepper and sea salt.
2. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, stirring now and then.
3. Bring pot of water to boil and cook gnocchi according to package directions.
4. Drain leaving just a little bit of liquid left. In the same pot with gnocchi removed, add spinach and stir as it starts to wilt. Add squash and stir together.
5. Finally, add gnocchi back and lightly fold everything together. Season as needed.
6. To serve, sprinkle with feta cheese and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
The original recipe calls for goat cheese instead of feta and sage instead of basil.