Added: 2011 Jan 13 (Thu)
Total cook time: 01 hour
1. Get rice going. Jasmine rice is best. Brown if you prefer.
2. Chop up tofu into cubes and broil on an oil-covered pan until nicely browned. Turn over once.
3. In a large skillet or wok, sauté bell peppers briefly. (Mix of colors is best.) Add coconut milk and green curry paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add brown sugar, fish sauce, broth, tofu (when ready), and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Serve on rice with cilantro garnish.
One leek is a good addition. So are peas, broccoli, and carrots. Bamboo shoots are optional.